What does a silent PC needs?

SENOR BURTOS

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
It might sound like a very silly question but I wondered if it is strictly necesary to have tho whole silent combo (case + fans + gpu + gpu + psu) or a silent edition case (such as the corsair 100R) would be just fine. Regardless of the other components

Thanks

Solution
A silent edition case is not a miracle worker, its not like it uses some sort of sonic technology to zero out the sound waves, it simply has sound deadening insulation to make it "less noisy".

So if the loudest fan you have is say 18dBm and the case can reduce 9 dBm of noise (that is just a rough guess, not any sort of factory number) then you are left with 9 dBm that would barely be hearable by the human ear. If however you have noisy fans at say 30 dBm, then it is still going to be loud, just less loud.

So to answer your question yes, all fans have to be silent (near silent) to be a silent PC.

FYI I would suggest fractial design define r4/r5 over 100r silent edition.
A silent edition case is not a miracle worker, its not like it uses some sort of sonic technology to zero out the sound waves, it simply has sound deadening insulation to make it "less noisy".

So if the loudest fan you have is say 18dBm and the case can reduce 9 dBm of noise (that is just a rough guess, not any sort of factory number) then you are left with 9 dBm that would barely be hearable by the human ear. If however you have noisy fans at say 30 dBm, then it is still going to be loud, just less loud.

So to answer your question yes, all fans have to be silent (near silent) to be a silent PC.

FYI I would suggest fractial design define r4/r5 over 100r silent edition.

Solution