Remove SD catd

Nhlavka

Prominent
May 18, 2017
I have pics, vids, etc ony s card and want to remove it and put in a new SD card. What is safest way to remove SD card for LG STYLO 2?

Solution
Well, if the card was just inserted into the device, and not converted over to "Internal" storage, then you would just need to turn off the phone and then take out the card.

Now, if there are items you want to transfer from that first SD card over to your new one, then I would follow these steps first.

1. While the SD card is still in the phone, and the phone is on, connect it to a computer via USB cord.
2. Move the files you wish to save from the card over into a new folder on the computer. The card should be blank now.
3. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
4. Turn off the phone and remove the old SD card.
5. Insert the new SD card and turn the phone one.
6. Once the card is mounted, again connect the phone to the computer via...
Well, if the card was just inserted into the device, and not converted over to "Internal" storage, then you would just need to turn off the phone and then take out the card.

Now, if there are items you want to transfer from that first SD card over to your new one, then I would follow these steps first.

1. While the SD card is still in the phone, and the phone is on, connect it to a computer via USB cord.
2. Move the files you wish to save from the card over into a new folder on the computer. The card should be blank now.
3. Disconnect the phone from the computer.
4. Turn off the phone and remove the old SD card.
5. Insert the new SD card and turn the phone one.
6. Once the card is mounted, again connect the phone to the computer via USB cord.
7. Copy all the files over to the new SD card.

NOTE: I say copy back over as to leave a copy of them all on the computer, so you have back ups. Backing up regularly is a lifesaver.

Solution