Samsung TV no wifi connection

Kathy_40

Prominent
May 18, 2017
I had same problem as others, wifi stopped working on my Samsung smart TV. Simple solution: UNPLUG the TV from power for a few seconds, plug it back in... it should now work !!!

I don't think the TV is every really off, remove power and reconnect... I think this causes the TV to reboot. After this mine went back to working.

I had tried resetting everything, even connected a long LAN cable back to the router (I did have internet when wired) and checked for updates. No wifi connections showing, even tried to resolve it by entering manually but still no wifi. Then when I went to turn off the TV a led light was on and it dawned on me that the TV wasn't totally off... remove the power and reconnect.

kimmey

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
I tried changing my password to something shorter and easier and the second i did that, the internet only on my Samsung tv didnt want to connect. I googled for like 2 weeks straight and none of the solutions worked for me.
So in the end I decided to switch the “IP settings AND DNS Settings” back to “Obtain Automatically” (in IP settings on the tv)
Then I went to the Configuration site that is on the back of your router (http:// something something) and turned on the GUEST Wifi option. Gave that a new password and VOILA! Finally after a good few weeks of trying to figure this issue out.
Everyone on google had the same answers and nothing worked for me. Hope this helped someone!

disconnect the 5GHZ connection your TV is connected, and connect it to a 2.4GHZ router, it is a known issue with Samsung TV, some claim that performing a factory reset and making it update solved the issue, I have 2 Samsung TV in my house and both have that same issue, but run find on 2.4GHZ signals or wired directly with Ethernet cable.