Galaxy S8 vs. iPhone 7: Which Phone Is Really the Fastest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risto_1

Prominent
May 18, 2017
Gaming performance really needs a new review with a game that doesn't have 30 FPS limit.

If those FPS results are real (and not capped like I think they are), I guess it's safe to declare S8 as the winner, as 2560x1440 has 1.78 times the pixel count than 1920*1080, therefore S8 being almost double as powerfull than iPhone 7 in gaming.

No doubt the video editing speed difference is caused by lack of optimizations by app developers on Android platform, but nevertheless the difference is real and a valid reason for some people to pick iPhone 7 instead of S8.

MoiSoto

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
I would buy the Samsung S8+ because the screen and camera, not because is 1% speedier.

I'm an Apple user, but frankly, the iPhone 7 Plus is a 3-years old design and compared to the S8 it just looks ridicule. That being said, I don't see much of a point in comparing the S8+ with a device that was launched last year. I'm actually surprised to see how well the iPhone holds up in regards to performance.

I look forward for a similar showdown when the 2017 Apple Handset is released. This article is actually way better than other comparison videos I've seen. Just think the comparison is not too relevant as the S8 destroys the iPhone 7 design wise and Apple's comparable device hasn't launched yet.

Kyle Tweil

Prominent
May 18, 2017
This is totally not a legit test at all. I have both devices on my hand, and some app is faster on Samsung but after opening up multiple apps and closing those, it turns out that iphone is faster.

tk47

Prominent
May 19, 2017
I don't get it in YouTube videos, in app opening iPhone 7 beats Samsung Galaxy s8. Is it because those a different set of apps? ( I really want to know what are the apps he used in the comparison)
Here is one video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn-2B82B1mg
about the camera app I wonder if you download the google camera app on the galaxy, which one would launch faster?

Jetcat3

Prominent
May 19, 2017
Just used a Galaxy S8 for two weeks and I can confidently say that the iPhone 7 Plus is a much faster feeling phone overall. It's quite obvious to me.

Tom_234

Prominent
May 19, 2017
IPhone uses the smaller cores to open simple apps...it will turn on the big cores when you have demanding apps opening, such as demanding games or video editing apps.

Games need to test at 60 fps to test the limits of GPU. Not 30.

Juan_61

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
I had an iphone 7 plus and now i have a samsung s8 and this phone hardware wise kills the iphone, now the iphone software and apps optimization is still a bit better on the iphone. but the screen on the s8 is just crazy nice and built is just awesome and how you can fit all that tech on a such a small footprint phone hell this phone has a bigger screen than the iphone 7 plus and the s8 is way smaller thats incredible engineering by samsung.

Tom_234

Prominent
May 19, 2017

Good luck with your S8. From what i have read, after a few months, your s8 will slow down to a turtle and need factory reset. Hardware on S8 kills alright...look at that fingerprint reader placement! Check out the PLASTIC fingerprint reader. Yes, plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.