Call reject on, still get voicemail

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
I have a LG Leon android smartphone. I have added a specific phone number to the call reject list, due to it being an 877 number. When it tries to call my phone, the phone does not ring, but they are still able to leave a voicemail (no audio, but the message is anywhere from 3 to 15 seconds of silence. Is this normal, or am I missing a setting somewhere. Not a big deal, but I am using a pay by the minute plan, so I assume each voicemail left is costing me something.

Solution
At this time, there is no way to stop voicemails. However, most companies should have a way to block from the network. To avoid using your minutes, you could always call from another phone.

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
At this time, there is no way to stop voicemails. However, most companies should have a way to block from the network. To avoid using your minutes, you could always call from another phone.

Solution

mjslakeridge

Distinguished
For the most part, I don't even listen to the voicemails from a phone number I don't recognize. I did listen to one today from the 877 number just to see if they actually left a message. 15 seconds of silence. I am about to cancel my land line service (should have done that years ago), so I won't have a way to listen to voicemails from a "free" phone number.

But thanks for the info.