How to make external ASUS DVD player to work with ASUS eeebook

sallycharles

Prominent
May 5, 2017
How to make external ASUS DVD player to work with ASUS eeebook?

Both ASUS DVD player and ASUS eeebook were working yesterday. Last night the eeebook fell down. When I connected the DVD player the DVD is moving in the player. But the eeeBook is not able recognising the DVD Drive.

Please help me.
Sally

Flyfisherman

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Sounds like a bad connection. Adjust the connectors manually a little bit, like wiggle it?
Replace the cable - this can really cause problems if one or more connector pins is bent or destroyed due to excessive force.

Best regards from Sweden

sallycharles

Prominent
May 5, 2017
To USAFRet:: Yes, the eeebook is working well. I have very little software installed compared to my previous laptops. Yes, I checked them and they work. Thank you.

To 1shado1: There are 2 USB ports and both work with other tools. I tested. Thank you.

To Flyfisherman: :) :) :) I didn't have the boldness to try yours first. :) It worked. Thank you.

I want to come to Sweden to see the sun setting at 2 am and rising up at 4 am!

Thanx again,
Sally

Flyfisherman

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Hi, You are welcome to Sweden! In Östersund where I live in the middle of Sweden, in the midsummer nights it never gets dark. It's a matter of fact you can actually read the newspaper outside without any additional lights.

If You get further up north above the polar circle You will have the midnight sun - the sun will never go below the horizon. In the south part of Sweden that will never occur, but still bright outside in the midsummer time.
We celebrate this Midsummer since thousands of years back and we always have big party's then.

Best regards from Sweden