broke my phone

Mystictri

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
i dropped my phone while horse jumping and the screen is cracked i vibrates like it says its charging but keeps doing it every few minutes. the screen wont show anything it just stays black i cant take the battery out or anything but the ground was wet. is it possible that i could sit it in rice and that fix it or do i just need to switch it out for a new phone ?

Solution
That doesn't work. The rice. If you damaged the screen, that would cause it to not show anything at all, while still giving you sounds that it is getting call/texts/etc.

You can try and get the screen replaced. Which would be worth it if it is an expensive phone. And you would be able to then keep all the data (photos, videos, music, contacts, etc.) that are on that phone. You would lose all that if you were to just get a new device.
That doesn't work. The rice. If you damaged the screen, that would cause it to not show anything at all, while still giving you sounds that it is getting call/texts/etc.

You can try and get the screen replaced. Which would be worth it if it is an expensive phone. And you would be able to then keep all the data (photos, videos, music, contacts, etc.) that are on that phone. You would lose all that if you were to just get a new device.

Solution
"You would lose all that if you were to just get a new device"

Not necessarily - depends on the phone make and how diligent the owner is with keeping up-to-date backups of it's content (phone backup software freely available), and his contacts may be on the SIM card (presumably undamaged) so not necessarily lost.