iPhone 8 Obliterates Galaxy S8 in First Leaked Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmgravytrain

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
Consumers aren't buying the Galaxy S8 for its speed. I think they're more interested in all the features it offers and that Infinity display. I'm sure the Galaxy S8 is fast enough for most users and those users probably wouldn't be trading in an Android smartphone for an iPhone if it were even 10X faster. The average smartphone user doesn't even have a flagship smartphone so these speed tests aren't all that important. It also depends on what a user actually does with his or her smartphone as far as daily tasks are concerned. What really surprises me is how a smartphone could approach a laptop computer in processing power. That is amazing. Of course, an iPhone is more expensive than many notebook computers, so that has to be taken into consideration. Still, beating out a Core i7 is just crazy. And yet they claim Apple doesn't have any innovation at all. That's pretty powerful silicon for a smartphone.

redngold09

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
Benchmarks when the phone hasnt even been built? So you have leaks of the benchmarks but not of the phone itself? interesting.

Jbelkin

Honorable
Apr 26, 2017
Consumers know which phone to buy if they want world class design with the fastest processor and the best OS. that is why the iphone holds 1-4 slots in the best selling smartphone worldwide. But if price is the main criteria, then there are obviously hundreds of Android OS choices as they are all the exact same phone - it just comes down to price. Samsung of course wants everyone to believe their flagship phone is the best of android but compared to the iphone, no. that is why the ASP of an iphone is $650 while samsung is around $225 - consumers know why one phone is worth 3X the price. There is no debate as much as the media tries to pump up samsung to gain ad sales and sponsorships. Consumers have decided long ago ... there's not wrong with a Lexus but it'snot the 911.

Anvil075

Estimable
Jan 24, 2016
You can't compare the S8 with an iPhone simply because they're completely different Operating Systems. The iPhone doesn't need anywhere near as much power as an android device due to it's closed system compared to the open android system. Android has way more features and is customisable

Status
Not open for further replies.