Solved! I want to stop defaulting to a specific app when opening a file

Linda_28nouilhan

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
If I select a document from My Files (Samsung Tab S TM 800 v6.0.1) I want to choose the app to use instead of the default app opening it but I can't see where to clear the default setting for this in the application settings

Solution
You should look in the app that you are wanting to use and see if there is an option in it's settings. If not, then there would really be no way to make the change through settings.

If that option isn't there, you could try uninstalling the app you don't want it to use. If the tablet will let you of course.

There is also the option of opening that app and then opening the file from within it.
You should look in the app that you are wanting to use and see if there is an option in it's settings. If not, then there would really be no way to make the change through settings.

If that option isn't there, you could try uninstalling the app you don't want it to use. If the tablet will let you of course.

There is also the option of opening that app and then opening the file from within it.

Solution

Linda_28nouilhan

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Linda_28nouilhan

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Thanks for that. I used to get asked 'just once' or 'always' when opening a file. If I select 'just once' it checked each time but now the system just defaults to the last app I ran with the file and each time I have to reset all app preferences to clear it. It's VERY annoying.