Watch: Galaxy S8 Is More Breakable Than S7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daekar3

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
In other news, investigators have concluded that large weighted slabs of very thin glass crack when hitting things, and curved edges make things worse. Your WDUH7 local news station has the story at 11, including interviews with the crazy idiots that carry large weighted slabs of very thin glass without a protective case.

Torry Cox

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Completely agree with you.

Eric D

Estimable
May 13, 2015
So much for that Gorilla Glass, right? But if you drop a phone from six feet, my expectation is that it's gonna break every time. This one does look very fragile though now that it's missing it's metal sides. That said, I'm still going to get one and I'm not doing a case. I'm really good about not dropping my phones. Haven't broken one yet.

PrimeMinisterTech

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
I had the phone for a day and it fell out of my hands, and that was it. I mean, i expected it would survive a few days and this wasn't an extreme fall. Really frustrating because I was waiting for the case to arrive, but it hit that top edge just right and there's now a $199 chip on my new expensive toy.

Eric D

Estimable
May 13, 2015

Ouch, that's no good. I feel for you. It is quite an expensive toy. Otherwise, do you love it?

PrimeMinisterTech

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Yes, it's been great! I think the glass doesn't contribute to a "heavy" feel, and even though i have the s8+ it's great in my hands. The battery life has been pretty impressive so far, as well as the camera which has a multi-point focus that's pretty darn good.

I'll post more as I use the phone. At the moment, I'm just trying to figure out what the best way to approach the repair is. Samsung hasn't launched their new plan for the S8+. When i called their support department they said yes, just buy the plan when it launches and we'll get you a replacement....supposedly that's post the 'official' launch, but i'll see. As I said before, I'll wait because $199 is not great.

Chris_451

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
Wife had hers for 3 days, i watched as it slipped out of her pocket and fell 3.5 feet and shattered. Yikes.. very very fragile phone.

Chris_451

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
My wife just got a s8 sunday.. she dropped it about 3 feet on onto concrete,.. screen shattered in 3 spots... very very very frigile phone.

Eric D

Estimable
May 13, 2015

Agreed, it's another $200 on top of what you just shelled out. I think that I need to shop for a new plan, I had to get a replacement for my S6 and they gave me a refurbished one. That one is part of my T-Mobile plan. I would really prefer a new phone if something happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.