Solved! Galaxy S5 SD Card reports "No files". But there are files.

Roberto N

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I have been listening to songs on my SD Card for over one year. My phone is Galaxy S5. Now, every once in a while, the phone reports "No files" in the SD card.

I turn the phone off, remove the card, put the card back in, turn on the phone and everything works fine. Eventually the phone cannot see the files again. I then repeat the cycle.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the SD card. The SD slot seems to be clean.

Any ideas?

Solution
Try gently, very gently, cleaning off the contacts on the card. And, to be honest, over time a card will go. Especially if it is often taken out of one device and put in another. You may also want to check that there is nothing bent in the slot.

Lastly, be sure you back up the photos, and anything else on the card, to a cloud account or computer. This way, should the card actually go bad, you don't lose your files.
Try gently, very gently, cleaning off the contacts on the card. And, to be honest, over time a card will go. Especially if it is often taken out of one device and put in another. You may also want to check that there is nothing bent in the slot.

Lastly, be sure you back up the photos, and anything else on the card, to a cloud account or computer. This way, should the card actually go bad, you don't lose your files.

Solution

Roberto N

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
Thank you. This is an original SanDisk card bought a year ago at Best Buy. Not counterfeited. It is a good card.

I've never took the card out from the phone. This was the first time, to troubleshoot this issue.

Roberto N

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
Thank you. This is an original SanDisk card bought a year ago at Best Buy. Not counterfeited. It is a good card.

I've never took the card out from the phone. This was the first time, to troubleshoot this issue.