Help! My phone's not charging

chanille

Estimable
Apr 20, 2017
My Innjoo Fire 2 has been quite frustrating these past few days as it is not charging. I tried all solutions I can find, (hold volume down and power button, volume up and power button, both volume buttons and power) but it's still no use. I can't do the remove battery solution because the battery is not removable. However, there is a time where the charging logo pops up and it charges. Whenever it happens I boot up my phone and let it charge but the thing is, it stops at a random percentage (8%, 11%, etc) and stops increasing. It is not a problem in the cable, adapter or wall socket because it works well with my sister's phone.

Another problem is when it charges and discharges continuously but when I tug on the charger a little bit, the problem stops but the battery percentage won't increase. Is it a defect in the battery? Should I replace it and is it replaceable? Please help.

Solution
I would still try the charger cord first. If you know someone you can borrow one from to test or if you have another device with a similar cord.

The work to change the port is a tad complicated. It really depends on your level of skill. I would bet if you do a little searching, you can find a video or two online on how to do it. That would make it more understandable than if I tried to explain. :)

chanille

Estimable
Apr 20, 2017

I have tried but I think the problem is in the charger port. I saw that the small pin tab inside the charger port can be moved (not bent) when I tried to clean the port using a needle. Also when I plug the charger I can move the charger (right, left, up, down.) I even have to bend the cable or place something underneath the cable just so it can charge.

Can I fix this by myself or do I have to bring it to a repair shop?

I would still try the charger cord first. If you know someone you can borrow one from to test or if you have another device with a similar cord.

The work to change the port is a tad complicated. It really depends on your level of skill. I would bet if you do a little searching, you can find a video or two online on how to do it. That would make it more understandable than if I tried to explain. :)

Solution