Solved! Android s5 weird charging issues?!!!

Noah_48

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
My S5 has recently run into some issues. Just suddenly, when I plug my phone into the charger, it would not show that it was charging.
I then turned it off and attempted to charge the phone while it was off, it showed a response, it started to charge, however a yellow warning sign came onto the screen, I unplugged my charger. After unplugging it, an android robot appeared on my screen with the words "Downloading... Do not turn off target !!" With many more technical words to the side, (https://dottech.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Galaxy-S5-download.jpg?6445)
So I decided to do some research. I took out my battery, held the power button for 20 seconds, then I replaced it with a different battery. I also cleaned the port and swapped the charger cables for my charger.
I turned it on, plugged it in, I got a response however it was only brief, it just appeared as if it where not charging. I could still use the phone, but charging is impossible.
So I turned it off and plugged it back in, it appeared to charge, however it repeated the same process as above.
So I have swapped the battery again, turned it on and off etc like above. But when I turned it off this time, it started to have little flashes of pixels on the screen, even while off. Just a little line of white pixels across the screen for a brief second, over and over again.
I plugged it in, got the warning sign and am now stuck on the android symbol as before (https://dottech.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Galaxy-S5-download.jpg?6445)
Any ideas?

Solution
Let us know if the system updates fix the charging issues. If it doesn't, it might either be the charging cord or the battery port, which you'll need to test with a few charging cords in order to be sure.

Noah_48

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

I think I am a few updates behind. I will have to update them. The weird thing is that I finally got it to charge overnight with no problems, it appears fixed, however I am still not going to risk it. I will update it.

Graybush

Estimable
Let us know if the system updates fix the charging issues. If it doesn't, it might either be the charging cord or the battery port, which you'll need to test with a few charging cords in order to be sure.

Solution