How to add words on the Alcatel One Touch 20.45?

SkiAddict1

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hi, just bought this phone, Quick Start guide is way too quick! How can I add words to the predictive texting dictionary?

I can't find a setting in my Alcatel or any other Android device in the house.

That makes me think that the words are automatically added when you type something that the system questions and you dont accept any of the alternatives it offers.

If you approve the typing the system assumes it's a new word and saves it.

SkiAddict1

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

Thanks, but I've tried this -- at least I think so! I even tried sending the text with the new word, but it still didn't recognise it the next time I tried inputting it :(

For example, I try to input the word "sweetie". Once I type the "i" the screen shows "sweetheart" and nothing I do can get the "i" to show, except if I go out of predictive texting mode. Once I have "sweetie" onscreen, I then press the left hand part of the centre button to get the word selected; if I wait a second or two both "sweetie" and "sweetheart" show at the bottom. If I press the Select button (with "sweetie" highlighted) then I am back to input mode. I then try typing "sweeti"......and again, all I am presented with is "sweetheart"!!! :fou:

EDIT: BTW, this phone is not Android, it has a "proprietary system".....

I've not seen a predictive-text system on any mobile phone that allows you to add words to it's dictionary, so I think you may be looking for a feature that doesn't exist.

Predictive-text options are usually enable or disable, that's it.

If any words are added, it happens automatically or it doesn't happen at all.
Can't be done manually.

SkiAddict1

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Oh dear :( Thanks anyway, guys. For the record, my 11 year old Nokia does it -- you cycle through all the proposed words and then "Spell" appears. You select this, you go into a mode where you type in the word, and when you press Save the word is entered in the dictionary. Type it into a message again and it's in the list it proposes.

Oh how I wish Nokia dumbphones were available still! You just can't find them here.