Best Unlocked Smartphones 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcamodell

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
Best phone under $200 is by far and away a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 having better screen PPI and being more vibrant than your choice, the Honor 7x. Also the WiFi support for 802.11AC is a clear advantage as is the pen and IR blaster. Add in the removable battery and the speed tests going easily in favor of the Note4 and you have the obvious winner as the new Galaxy Note 4's are now the same $189

Oct 9, 2018
Well, I owned a Moto G5 Plus, and at about 1 year, the call volume dropped to the point I could not hear calls unless I put it on speaker phone and put it to my ear. Motorola says it's a hardware issue and they will replace the phone for $150. Unacceptable. I switched to Nokia 6.1.

Nov 18, 2018

hey mcamodell, I agree with you on the Note 4 being the best "budget"/old flagship phone right now. Best amoled display, ir blaster, headphone jack, sd card, nfc, it has it all. Problem here is that I'm not sure where to buy a new one online. By new, I mean completely new, OEM in box with accessories. Where can I get a Note 4 for $189?

Reactions: QueenMoonbeam
Status
Not open for further replies.