lg g4 died wont turn on or charge

Sharon78

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
lg g4 froze while playing a game. i pulled the battery and replaced it and the phone booted up. it was almost done booting and it froze again but this time there was "snow" from the bottom of the screen to the halfway up point. I pulled the battery again and now it wont turn on. when i put it on any charger the battery charge indicator does not come on. I tried holding the power button for 30 secs and nothing. Tried holding the power button and volume button and nothing. Called tmobile and they couldn't get it to turn on either and stated it was probably a bad battery but if its the phone it is out of warranty and i would get a $37 credit to trade it in on a phone that i owe $150 on still!!! Does anyone think a bad battery would cause the problems i am having? thanx!

Solution
Are you sure the battery is sitting right after you took it out and put it back? And yes some of what you experienced could happen with a bad battery. It could also happen if something was blown/fried in the phone when this was going on.

If it is the battery, you can get a new one. Way cheaper than what they are offering you to use towards replacing the phone. Heck, you could buy a replacement one for less than you own on it. That is one of the many reasons I never buy new tech when it first comes out. :) Prices drop drastically if you just wait a bit on the purchase.
Are you sure the battery is sitting right after you took it out and put it back? And yes some of what you experienced could happen with a bad battery. It could also happen if something was blown/fried in the phone when this was going on.

If it is the battery, you can get a new one. Way cheaper than what they are offering you to use towards replacing the phone. Heck, you could buy a replacement one for less than you own on it. That is one of the many reasons I never buy new tech when it first comes out. :) Prices drop drastically if you just wait a bit on the purchase.

Solution

pat150

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
Lg push an update in the past few days that is not compatible with the phone. They are aware of the problem and they will fix it at no cost! You need to call LG costumer service, they will help you!

jaydoubledub

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010

Hey, so what's this update? I own my G4, after I upgraded to a GS7E. I still use my G$ for other games though. I just bought a new battery, hoping it was the original battery that was dead. Nothing. It doesn't even light up when plugged in. I've used the factory charging cable and pack and three others. Never had any physical or water damage. It stays in its Otterbox, Defender.

What's this update business and where do I call?

Extremedriver

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
Mine did the same thing. Now I have to let LG fix it. Mines still under warranty. It's a motherboard issue on some of the G4 phones. Apparently one of the chips loses a connection to the others causing the phone to lock up in a bootloop scenario. LG CAN AND WILL fix it for you. The G4, 5 and now G6 has the best technology in phones. They are like miniature computers that could probably run 2 operating systems if we wanted to do that. Good luck.

Sharon78

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017

Hello. I'm sorry for not replying. I posted when I was really really mad and I totally forgot about it. Tmobile was no help. They made be buy another phone. I did just see the response about the push lg did and just contacted them. They did not say if that was the case but they said i am still under their warranty. I'm sending it out tomorrow to be fixed. I'm sorry i dont have a better answer for you. But if you Google lg contact you will get them. You can do chat or call. I used the chat. It was painless. Good luck!!!

Sharon78

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
Just found out there is a class action suit against lg for the g4 and v10 ://www.girardgibbs.com/lg-g4-bootloop-class-action-lawsuit/ I am guessing this is why they are saying I am under warrant

Ask_Tera

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
I have an lg g4 and everything tht these phones are prone to mines been thru. One of their biggest problems. Is the boot loop issue. This is when your lg is charged and right in the middle of whatever your doing it turns itself off and then goes to boot screen and tht is usually it however ive heard of few getting passed the boot screen but rarely, lg has admitted to this problem and there is even a class act against lg in California bc of the boot loop issue. The other main issue with ths phone is the battery. My phone for example will say tht im at 35% charged and turn itself off and the only way it will charge is i have to remove my battery and the area where there is metal on the battery i moisten with my tongue a faucet would probably be too much, anyhow moisten the metal put the battery back in and make sure your using a lightening fast charger bc a normal charger will not wrk no matter how long u leave it on.

tivonwin

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
I'm experiencing the bootloop issue with my phone right now. It started last Thursday. Just shut off and haven't been able to fully boot it up since.

Any idea if the fix preserves internal memory? Any knowledge of dyi fixes? I can't even get the boot menu up..