save location on ZTE MAXPRO

braven16

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
Storage > "Save Location" is faded out and set to Phone.
The SanDisk SD Card is formatted as Internal.
I want the "Save Location" to be set to SanDisk Card, not Phone

Solution
If the SD card was changed to "Internal" rather than the standard "External" storage, things should automatically save to the card. However you have to be running at least Android "Marshmallow", be running a phone that the manufacturer hasn't restricted the option on, and use the instructions I am including here to change it to "Internal". If that was not done, then it wouldn't make the card "Internal" storage.

Now, you can, without the card being made "Internal", save photos, music, etc., to the card (just not apps). All you have to do for that is to change the setting in the individual app (camera, browser, etc.,) to save those file to the card. Or, if they are files being put on the device from say a computer, then you would just...
If the SD card was changed to "Internal" rather than the standard "External" storage, things should automatically save to the card. However you have to be running at least Android "Marshmallow", be running a phone that the manufacturer hasn't restricted the option on, and use the instructions I am including here to change it to "Internal". If that was not done, then it wouldn't make the card "Internal" storage.

Now, you can, without the card being made "Internal", save photos, music, etc., to the card (just not apps). All you have to do for that is to change the setting in the individual app (camera, browser, etc.,) to save those file to the card. Or, if they are files being put on the device from say a computer, then you would just save the files to the SD card rather than the phone.

However, the stuff I mentioned before is what is required to make the card "Internal" which is the only way to have apps download direct to the card and run from it. Also, if you did/do/can make that change, any apps you just try to move from the phone to the card will still show as being on the phone. The card becomes "Internal", but apps just moved do not clear off the original storage. The only way to have them no longer be there would be to uninstall them and then reinstall them direct to the card after the change.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat".

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

Solution

braven16

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
WOW! I'm so grateful for the time you spent replying to my question! Plus, I can actually understand what you said to do.
And PS, you answered so quickly, i didn't expect to get a response for about a week.
Thank you again!