Your question

Best Smartphones on the Market Now

Last response: in Cell Phone General Discussion
March 20, 2017 4:21:53 PM

Here are the best smartphones for 2014. We name the best phones in a variety of categories: best overall, best value, best camera and more.

Best Smartphones on the Market Now : Read more

More about : smartphones market

May 23, 2017 9:11:09 PM

The Best Upcoming Smartphone in 2017 is Doogee Mix because of Super Small design Looks very Beautiful And Doogee Mix Price is Much better than Xiaomi Mix Also 4Gb And a 6Gb ram version Available .
m
l
Related resources
June 9, 2017 8:37:13 AM

Sony Xperias are better than any Samsung and Apple of their respective generations, it's funny how you never test them...
m
l
July 13, 2017 9:29:56 AM

Good work continue
m
l
August 26, 2017 8:34:35 PM

Well you should add the repair cost in your review as "combination of subjective criteria" because for most peoples theirs life are on that things they bring in their pocket who look like a big and fragile glass, I told you this as a owner and a technician in cell phone/tablets/computer...etc repair. And in that category Samsung could fall above the average because this compagnie sold theirs parts a way over the price juste the screen assembly cost half the price of the phone "super AMOLED" cheap and stupid technology micro led connected in series like the light we put in our Christmas tree one blow nothing turn on anymore, yeah sharp and crisp screen but easily breakables and over priced... so people have the choice to do the repair for 400$ or buy another one and this is what Samsung want and peoples a willing to have more debt because in 2017 they just cannot live without a stupid smart phone !! Dont just test those phone do a background check before doing a review because even if your tests tell us that Samsung is the best smart phone every year its still a piece of shit who have all problems that other phone don't like network, charging port, wifi, bootloop, amoled screen, fake waterproof or not working at all....
m
l
September 17, 2017 9:54:44 AM

Wonder when or where you can ever find actual subjective views of phones, without the authors kissing the arse of Apple and Samsung. How I wish for a real review. I guess I can always LOL.
m
l
September 20, 2017 10:35:57 PM

you have every criterion. but phone is a phone and it most essential use is TALKING. which is the best phone for TALKING., particularly for moderately hearing impaired and not using hearing aids. It is absurd to talk about camera, internet use etc etc.
m
l
September 21, 2017 7:16:06 AM

The LG V20 is there best phone for music, and it isn't even close. I'm an audiophile and I have had very high end components and this sound quality from this phone and its capabilities deliver incredible sound, and can drive high-end headphones like the HiFiMan 400i's.
m
l
September 23, 2017 8:44:48 PM

Nope, the Note is the best overall phone and camera phone. The iPhone the best camera phone?!? I don't think so!
m
l
October 3, 2017 9:06:41 AM

XPERIA XZ PREMIUM is performance king has best and first 4K HDR display with most accurate colors possible. It has most natural camera with best stabilization. It also has best secondary cam with ultimate stabilization. Best speaker setup. One of the top 5 phones for battery backup on 100%charge(iPhone 8 or 8Plus not tested but don't think they will be in top 5 positions).

XPERIA XZ PREMIUM is presently holding the throne of best all round smartphone.

@MARK SPOONAUER please get you info correct and please do more research before posting.
m
l
October 24, 2017 6:13:34 AM

is anybody else tired of cell phones being pushed at you week after week
m
l
October 24, 2017 7:31:38 AM

kcgoat26 said:
is anybody else tired of cell phones being pushed at you week after week

Usually I just don't read them.
m
l
October 29, 2017 6:32:51 AM

I'll stick with HTC..They have always treated me well and I like supporting the underdogs..
m
l
November 9, 2017 7:13:55 AM

SONY, THE ONE AND ONLY........for battery life, camera, user friendliness (home screen and app config), ergonomics (buttons on correct side of phone), display, looks, reliability and well made. Pity Tom is guide only to crApple and Samdung ( yes I know crap and dung is found in toilet or on soles of shoes)
m
l
November 9, 2017 6:23:06 PM

Where was LG V30?
m
l
December 5, 2017 11:59:04 AM

King Dranzer said:
XPERIA XZ PREMIUM is performance king has best and first 4K HDR display with most accurate colors possible. It has most natural camera with best stabilization. It also has best secondary cam with ultimate stabilization. Best speaker setup. One of the top 5 phones for battery backup on 100%charge(iPhone 8 or 8Plus not tested but don't think they will be in top 5 positions).

XPERIA XZ PREMIUM is presently holding the throne of best all round smartphone.

@MARK SPOONAUER please get you info correct and please do more research before posting.

Right? But all people want are Samsung (One of Android's worst makers!) or iPhone (idiot's Phone)...

And after the S7 debacle, i wouldnt touch a Samsung phone without a 10 foot pole...

m
l
December 5, 2017 12:01:55 PM

jlovebites said:
Wonder when or where you can ever find actual subjective views of phones, without the authors kissing the arse of Apple and Samsung. How I wish for a real review. I guess I can always LOL.

You can try GSMarena, but treat it with a grain of salt...

www.gsmarena.com
m
l
December 12, 2017 1:17:10 PM

So much slamming of phones and phablets. What's the best phone you have is the one in your hand. Deal with it.
I personally like more ram like people like to have in their computers so 6 gigs is fine right now. Being able to input with a stylus is also a plus.
m
l
December 12, 2017 4:12:14 PM

I think a cell phone should provide phone service as a high priority. It would be nice see that feature addressed.
Many folks live outside the center of a large city..
m
l
February 15, 2018 10:24:37 PM

main function of a cell phone is for talking and messaging with loud and clear voice without distortion at any audio volume. you should give the best phone in this category
obviously those who need this type of phone may not high end phones. so your list of best phone should be moderately price.
m
l
February 22, 2018 9:05:37 AM

Nice guide. I am not a big fan of over $1000 phones.Prices go crazy these days.
m
l
March 31, 2018 9:47:13 AM

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you forgot about oneplus 5t.... u forgot the best performance-for-price phone in the market
m
l
April 8, 2018 12:08:23 PM

I LOVED the iPhone SE except I could not add an app to record conversations with my grandchildren unless I bought ''coins" which was too much of a pain. So I gave up my SE and am back to the Galaxy phone. I just loved the smaller size and quality of iPhones but because of the recording issue decided I just couldn't justify staying with it. Wish it was different and Apple wasn't so selfish about allowing recording. Grandma Mary
m
l
April 23, 2018 1:35:00 PM

iPhoneX is a Second place phone....Best screen....really....who are you kidding!!! bahahahahaha
If you want a "Real" review then take a look at SuperSaf TV review on you tube
. the stopwatch does not lie! And as for the screen and camera.....well the Samsung S9+ is all over the iPhone.
Nice try Toms!!!
m
l
May 15, 2018 12:31:07 AM

How many these cell phones are using QC 3.0 charging?
m
l
May 17, 2018 4:02:19 PM

Sorry but my experience with the iPhone X is much different. I ended up returning it for an 8 Plus Red and have no regrets. I took photos with the X and Note 8 side by side of the same objects and lighting conditions and my Note 8 consistently produced noticeably better quality photos and sharpness. They had better contrast as well. The screen quality of my iPhone X completely omitted details in shadows and dark areas of videos on HDR videos, where as the details were present on my Note 8. One of the selling points of HDR is that it brings out the details in darker areas that otherwise would not be visible. This was not the case on my X. Nevermind the Note 8. Here are the things I noticed and learned about the X compared to the 8 Plus, which should be Apple's flagship product rather than the X.

8 Plus is < iPhone X and should be the flagship iPhone

Better battery life

Better game performance

Better RAM memory management

Bigger standard 16x9 content. 5.8” iPhone X screen is kind of a lie

Iphone X takes FOREVER to charge

Iphone X screen compared to my Note 8 consistently lost details in dark areas or shadow areas in videos

NOTCH intrudes on gameplay and other things

No home button

No Touch ID. Face ID failed a few times and forced me to use pin. Touch ID used to be flawless

Camera photo quality is noticeably worse than my Note 8

Things take longer to do such as closing apps

I could probably think of a couple more but I was sitting in line waiting to return my X at the time I jotted these down. I could elaborate on them.
m
l
May 26, 2018 8:56:31 PM

Are you guys HTC haters?If not, add it.
m
l
June 5, 2018 10:51:39 PM

i think asus phone are far better than lg ones
m
l
July 5, 2018 2:35:10 AM

Both iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy S9 are trully the best smartphones in the market. But I go for S9 because it's way cheaper than iPhone X.
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook