Samsung 850 Evo 500GB won't boot with Windows 10

InfinitePh0enix

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
I purchased and installed a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD. The Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD appears on the system information page in the BIOS, as well as disk management, device manager, and my PC. I went on the Samsung SSD driver troubleshooting​ page and tried every suggestion and came up with no solutions. Both the SSD and HDD show up as "Windows Boot Manager" in the Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities, when selecting either one as the 1st or 2nd Boot. Even as the SSD as the 1st one in the boot order it still says, "Reboot and select a proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" when I try to boot from it. Is it a broken SSD, or is something wrong? I've tried switching sata ports and retrying to boot from it, updated my motherboard​ bios, tried to go through other setting that forms said will solve the issue, changed, the bios to AHCI for the ssd, and did not have the HDD connect when I installed windows 10 onto the SSD... Nevertheless nothing has worked. Please help. Thank you for your time.

Build:
Motherboard: MSI Z97A SLI Krait Edition
CPU: Intel i7 4790k unlocked
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Extreme
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb

Darthutos

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
you need to reinstall your operating system.
before you do that disconnect all of your drives ssd and hdd except the one you want to boot from.
after you install all drivers, reconnect your other drives.

then you should be fine.
this happened because the boot information got installed into one of your other drives and even though the files were installed into the drive you wanted to boot from, the boot instruction, boot info did not go in. that is why you shoudl disconnect all drives before reinstalling your os.

InfinitePh0enix

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

So I need to reinstall it onto my SSD with the HDD disconnected? Then when windows install, plug the HDD in? And does the HDD need to be cleared of any data, besides the necessities?

I appreciate the speedy response.

rgd1101

Don't

you said you install the os with the HDD disconnected
http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-3361053/samsung-850-evo-500gb-boot-windows.html

InfinitePh0enix

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

Yes, I installed windows 10 onto my SSD with the HDD disconnected.