Best Cellphone Monitoring Software (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3d

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
Just chatted with PhoneSheriff - the app CANNOT control time limits for specific apps.

Dorothy_21

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I decided not to do PhoneSheriff because you MUST turn off any Antivirus applications because that's how the program works. So, if you want to open up your kids' phone to malware or spyware and cloud your phone with all that crap, then you can use PhoneSheriff. Norton wouldn't ask you to do that.

Dorothy_21

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I only did the 7 day trial before buying and I'm glad I did because they wouldn't let me try the "alert" features without fully paying. So what's the use of the Free trial if I can't fully use it? And they say that there are no refunds after we pay, but that they will give you full technical support after. Heck no!

I went ahead and paid for Norton because they guarantee your money back after 60 days. That's enough for me to try it out if I like it and get my money back.

ml_black

Prominent
May 15, 2017
One thing you didn't test is how easy the app can be uninstalled or blocked/disabled. Norton seems to be very easy to block -- all the kid has to do is remove permissions from the Android Settings--unbelievable!

Can you re-review with this consideration?

sliverbullet

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
Phone Sheriff is awful - the got hacked in Feb, didn't figure out what happened until Apr, and their site is dog slow. Biggest regret, though, is that they have wiped out my settings twice and my son carries on his merry way with me being oblivious. Stay far, far away.

Rob_96

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Avoid Qustodio it doesn't work and their customer support doesn't care. Check out the Google Play Store reviews, 1/3 of their customers "hate" the product and have given it a 1 star review

M_18__Boebity

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
I downloaded Norton based on this guide and it left me super frustrated and disappointed. First of all, it cannot filter, block or review what your kid does on a browser. It only does that on Norton's built in browser. So that kind of defeats the purpose, considering you can't de-install Google Chrome on android phones.

Second, it is rife with problems, such as logging out of Norton Family on its on, i.e. with reboot of the phone, or what have you. Its been on my daughters phone for two weeks now, she hasn't logged out of it, but i just set the phone to the side and got a notification that it logged out. Therefore after two weeks, it shows "zero activity"

It also cannot be used to see WhatsApp or Snapchat activity, which is pretty much a parents top priority for tween girls.

Jul 13, 2017
Your blog is very helpful. I came to know very much about parental app and it'll be very useful for my business. but one thing I want to mention that you didn't offered the ability to record phone conversations, its a good feature in one or the other way but this feature should be included because some times its useful in case of any emergency.

gjclar01

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Qustodio is completely useless.
Phonesherrif is frustrating to set up and then does not work at all except for the phone location service. They do however, readily give you your money back. They are probably used to it.

kenesq

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Qustodio is very poor. There are videos over a year old showing how to completely uninstall the app without a password. It's not very hard either. Our 12-year-old figured it out. Qustodio has to know of these issues but doesn't give any warning to parents.

So, which one of these apps can't be shut off/uninstalled easily?

sam_stfrd

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
"Advanced parental tools" app on android is quite good. It has extensive range of app lock options (i.e. time, network) as well as private dedicated chat option with your kid

eshultz15

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
MMGuardian is best app out there. Easy to use, easy to install, all the features. Kids cannot uninstall. It is also limited on iphone and when I unwittingly let my daughter get one a few weeks in they refunded me with no hassle. Recommend to everyone.

evgeniachykolaeva

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
I was advised to try Kidslox app after I have got numerous issues with Qustodio staring with the very beginning when you try to install the app and it blocks internet, still they have an explanation on the site that it is because of the bad internet I use!!!! After I installed Kidslox it worked really great for our family, as it is very easy to use and can block apps as well as there are limits for using the device and you can always be in touch with your family even when the device is in restricted mode. Like it a lot, helps our family.

maribethbaker

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
I am currently using the Teensafe app and I am able to use GPS locator and check text messages. I thought I would have seen it on this list. My experience has been positive with them although I should say the installation wasn't' as easy, but it was just a hiccup. The price is also fairly inexpensive and feel comfortable knowing I am paying a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.