Pandora Premium vs Spotify Unlimited: How They Stack Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markle Sparkle

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
Is the content from these providers still in a compressed & lossy format such as MP3? Weird that you don't mention the quality of the sound from any of these providers.

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015

That information is not yet available about Pandora Premium, and we will be sure to mention it when we get hands-on time with it.

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015

It's assumed, though, as Pandora isn't advertising any lossless quality, that it would top out at 320kbps, just like Spotify.

Spotify is rumored to be testing a lossless tier, but Tidal is the only company streaming lossless music at the moment.

krosinbum

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
They're both quite good but quite honestly I prefer Pandora and it's MUCH better UI in my opinion. I've been using it off and on for the 6month trial Plus one additional month paid. The only thing that will likely hold me back from continuing is the lack of Sonos integration thus far, which they've promised for months still with no real info as to when it'll happen. I'm leaving for the time being due to this but when/if it does happen I'll gladly be back. Spotify is great in many ways but I've never grown comfortable with their UI, mobile or desktop and always find it cludgy , cluttered and unintuitive .

apexadam

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Good try but Pandora still falls short. Don't you have to beat your competition? Pandora doesn't offer a family option or multiple devices. That's a deal breaker.

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015

You definitely raise a real issue for some users. Hopefully Pandora will add those, and more things, soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.