IMEI Information Not Corresponding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieStof

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. In settings, storage available is 32GB. Though when I check the IMEI number on IMEI Checker, it says storage capacity is 64GB. Why the difference?

Solution
I have found that many sites that give specs through IMEI are not correct. I have also run into them having info for one phone with the info for another phone of the same make and model, but different specs. It happens.
There is more than one version of that particular phone. They come in 32, 64 and 128 GB versions. So it is going to depend on which version you have.

If this is a newer phone and it isn't matching the info the IMEI is pulling up (although that can be off depending on where you are getting the IMEI info from, not all places give good info) then I would contact the place you got it from and see what the phone as advertised as having. If it was supposed to have more, per their advertising or the information on the box the phone came in, then they need to get you a phone with that correct amount.

However, if you are only going by wherever you got the data from, then since the data may not be correct, you may be stuck with a phone with less.

Specs on that phone... http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s6-6849.php

DieStof

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017

DieStof

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Thank you for the response.

I got the phone second hand, and checked on www.imei.info. But I bought under the belief that it was 32GB, so I don't feel cheated or anything. Just got confused by the checker. I was under the impression that the IMEI number is unique to each phone and the checker would only give the specifications to that phone. Is that not the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.