Will this setup work for Oculus Rift roomscale

Ofika

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015
My motherboard has
x2 USB 2.0
x2 USB 3.0
x1 USB 3.1
And I have an additional 2 USB 3.0 ports on the top of my PC case. (which I have reserved for a USB Hub and the Xbox One Adapter so it isn't behind my PC)

So I am thinking 2 sensors in the USB 3.0 ports and the Rift into the USB 3.1 port.
Then the third sensor into one of the USB 2.0 ports.
I am also gonna use a HDMI to Displayport adapter on my monitor due to my graphics card ports being mostly display ports (I will have to use on the Rift if the extension causes problems but apparently around 6 feet doesn't cause any problems so I doubt 2m wouldn't be a problem).
These are the extension cables I'm gonna use for the Rift
| HDMI Extension | Passive USB 3.0 Extension |
I will be using this active USB 3.0 Extension for one of my sensors and my third sensor will be plugged into the included USB 2.0 extension.

Also I am assuming that this CCTV wall mount will work as it is 1/4" just wanna confirm it.

Solution
I can't vouch for the particular adapters and extensions you're using, but it should all work. The Rift is just picky about getting the signals without lag etc., so a poor adapter or extension can cause issues.

Personally I have two sensors plugged into USB 3.0, and one on an extension plugged into USB 2.0. Works perfectly.

Sakkura

Distinguished
I can't vouch for the particular adapters and extensions you're using, but it should all work. The Rift is just picky about getting the signals without lag etc., so a poor adapter or extension can cause issues.

Personally I have two sensors plugged into USB 3.0, and one on an extension plugged into USB 2.0. Works perfectly.

Solution