The next Ultrabook "gaming" laptop? (GTX 1050)

ApolloBeached

Prominent
Feb 7, 2017
So the GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti for laptops launched a while ago and some new budget as well as thin laptops got the upgraded GPU. This GPU has also opened up some new doors for ultrabook or thin laptops to get the upgraded gpu because it isnt that energy efficient.

So my question is, do you think there will be newer ultrabooks with the new gpu and if so what laptop will get it?

I'm into buying a thin and portable laptop that I will use for school, a little video editing aswell as some gaming but i feel like i should wait until the upgrades come.

What do you guys think? :)

ApolloBeached

Prominent
Feb 7, 2017

Yh, i have looked at it but ive also looked at the zenbook line just bcuz there is rumors that the new zenbook pro might get the gtx 1060 so im sceptic that the none pro from the zenbook line might get the gtx 1050 hehe :)

But the omen 15 looks really good

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
i think there would be, but not sure what brand will use it, note that laptop and ultrabook are actually different, basically ultrabook usually have good spec but packed with fast storage such as hybrid or only ssd but they are thin

I would not use the zenbook pros as a gaming machine. They are more for video and image editors. You can play games if you want but don't expect the cooling to be as good as the rogs for gaming.