Videos pausing every few seconds on Samsung Galaxy S7

Laureena

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
Until recently my S7 has worked like a charm, but now I am having videos on any app or browser pause by itself every couple of seconds. I have to press play again and again. Also my audio has been fading in and out. One moment I can hear it just fine then it drops to whisper quiet and back again. The volume isn't actually changing so I thought it might be my headphones, but even after unplugging them the sound still fades in and out. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

If there are to many things running on the device, that can cause this problem. Also, if your data connection is not stable (if you are using data) or if the WiFi connection isn't stable (if connecting via WiFi) will also cause this.

Try playing sounds and videos for things not online and see if you get the same problem.

Andrew_307

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Mine is also pausing after a few seconds to a minute. It does it on WIFi and not on WIFI. It does it in youtube and facebook and any video I am streaming. I looked up a few areas and this happens here and there after samsung does an update. It happened in 2014 2015 2016. Is there a fix for this?

Spiceisle69

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

I am having the same problem. It began last week after my phone updates. Please help!!!

claycub

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
SAME HERE: videos pause, or FREEZE while sound continues or sound begins again!!? and figerprint recognition is not as responsive. When I scroll off video and let another start, then come back to original video, i can continue watching it. Does this have anything to do with Facebooks new 'ads' that come into video playback?

jarcastshow

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017

so many people that have s7 have experienced this issue. YES we tried restart, YES we tried disable apps, YES we tried safe mode, YES we tried factory reset, YES we tried downgrade from nougat to marshmellow, this phone is []now. Please someone fix these constant lag spikes. It feels like the RAM went from 4 to 2.5gb. this is a recent issue. Stop giving us the same copy paste response "maybe its because too many apps, maybe you need safemode, maybe its a thirdparty app" I uninstalled every app on my phone and im running stock everything. This is something affecting every user that has s7. (my theory: samsung makes s7 virtually unusable with recent update so were forced to buy s8?)

Last edited by a moderator:

hiral1

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
I'm having the same issue after nougat update. BT sports app visits pause after few minutes, have to keep pressing play. Same happens on many apps, but not showbox, showbox shutters every few minutes and goes from light screen to dark screen
Need help please

jojom.johnson

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

Nope. I have the S8 and I'm actually here because I'm experiencing the same problem and don't know where else to look. :/ Apparently it's an issue on a LOT of devices. I was wondering if maybe it was a problem on YouTube's end, but then I'm having the same experience with playback on Pandora. Not buffering, just randomly pausing for no apparent reason. Highly frustrating!

Feb 8, 2018
Same on S7. Even when I'm playing music local to my phone with the screen off! (As well as conditions noted above) just started happening after a recent os push/update. Pretty irritating for sure...

Apr 5, 2018
Annoyed me for an entire day, video kept pausing every 10 seconds, sometimes less. After going through all the setting, finally found that the multitasking tab was the cause. For some reason (I don't know why) when you put it into multitasking, close the windows and then exit multitasking. The videos all work and I haven't had it again since. Not an expert, don't know the cause, just that it worked for me

Sep 1, 2018
I agree with JARCASTSHOW reply.

However, I amalso having same problem on my Samsung Note4. Ive triedall the recommendations mentioned on this threat EXCEPT uninstalling all non factory apps and updates.

BTW, how did that work for you JARCASTSHOW?

Sep 9, 2018

Sep 26, 2018
It's annoying while watching videos on Facebook & kept pausing every damn seconds & i had to play the video again. & i read something from below saying (app will be locked at device screen off).

Just now i checked my settings, went to display then there's "keep screen turned off) it was on before so i turned it off & now no interruption while watching videos on facebook.

Dec 3, 2018

I think you are correct, they are trying to force us into the newer model