Solved! Where did the Data go on the SD Card ?

Oldguyrules

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
On a Samsung Galazy 5...Moved Apps, Photos,and Contacts to SD Card. Removed Card. Then had to do a Factory reset. reinstalled SD Card. It says there is 11 gigs used, but I cannot see any of the DATA stored on the SD Card ?

Solution
If the card just had info on it, without the card being encoded, then you should be able to access it.

However, if the card was encoded, like say you set up the card as "Internal" rather than "External" storage, then the info is not accessible now. Once you reset the phone, you lost access to the data. When encoded, it is to prevent anyone from accessing it. The only way it would have been savable, and therefor accessible, would have been to have the info on the card without being encoded.
If the card just had info on it, without the card being encoded, then you should be able to access it.

However, if the card was encoded, like say you set up the card as "Internal" rather than "External" storage, then the info is not accessible now. Once you reset the phone, you lost access to the data. When encoded, it is to prevent anyone from accessing it. The only way it would have been savable, and therefor accessible, would have been to have the info on the card without being encoded.

Solution

Oldguyrules

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017

Oldguyrules

Prominent
Feb 23, 2017
Thanks, To see if the data was corrupt or even on the Card, I pulled the SD Card out of the Phone and put it in the Computer to see if the data was there, an it was. In checking the data on the Card thru the Computer I deleted several items not needed. Put it back in the phone ad all is well except for a couple of Apps. And that's easy to remedy,
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS