insufficient storage space

MissDebbie

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
I have a brand new SD card inside my LG phone why does it keep saying INSUFFICIENT storage space (i have already. moved apps that im able to move to SD to free space) Sometime i have to delete some apps just to read text messages what am i doing wrong or did i get the wrong SD card. What is the best SD CARD USED FOR LG PHONE/IS THERE SPECIFIC TYPE OF SD CARD TO USE SO THIS WONT HAPPEN ANYMORE

Solution
Please don't use all caps in posts.

And, well just adding a SD card to the phone won't add space for everything. It has nothing at all to do with the SD card and everything to do with how it is set up and the phone you are using it in.

First you have to set up the card to be "Internal" storage, rather than the normal "External" storage for it to allow apps to be moved to and run from it. To do that you would need the instructions I am including here, be running a phone using Android version "Marshmallow" and have a phone that manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on.

If it turns out the instructions don't work on your device (and it has the right version of Android) then the manufacturer restricted the option. You would then not...
Please don't use all caps in posts.

And, well just adding a SD card to the phone won't add space for everything. It has nothing at all to do with the SD card and everything to do with how it is set up and the phone you are using it in.

First you have to set up the card to be "Internal" storage, rather than the normal "External" storage for it to allow apps to be moved to and run from it. To do that you would need the instructions I am including here, be running a phone using Android version "Marshmallow" and have a phone that manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on.

If it turns out the instructions don't work on your device (and it has the right version of Android) then the manufacturer restricted the option. You would then not be able to run most apps off the card, however you can still move things like videos, music, photos, etc., over to the SD card to free up space on the phone itself.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution