Caavo Aims to Be Ultimate Set-Top Box, But $400?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it indeed can do what it claims to do, money is relative. When iPhone1 came out, Balmer made fun at the time nobody was going to pay $500 for a phone, and at that time, you couldn't contradict the chairman, but true, there is only one Apple, anybody else is shown they don't have the mindset to pull out something like a Jesus STB.

sbbrown

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Actually I think this sounds awesome in theory. It sounds like a first step to true convergence which has become extremely elusive in this modern era. It would eliminate the need for many remotes, and over time, perhaps Caavo will integrate AVRs and other hardware devices (i.e. BluRay (etc.) players and other hardware devices. Exciting from my perspective, even if the initial introductory price is out of reach.

sbbrown

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010

Caavo understands that it is the need to consolidate all of these devices because content is distributed in such a wide variety of places. No one has everything....however a Caavo device should get everythingbecause of its complete multiplatform device consolidation. I don't believe Alexa will be able to do that!

Cbarry82

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
This is cheap in the world of home theater. If it works well I will give them my money as fast as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.