I have a Galaxy S5 from Sprint (Paid for) and I want unlocked but Sprint is telling me that the phone is unlockable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berman9696

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
My Galaxy S5 from Sprint is paid in full from Sprint and I upgraded to another phone and I want to get the unlock code to unlock the S5 and sell it, but Sprint (Support) is telling me that the phone can't be unlocked. Is there any other way to unlock this phone so I can sell it or can someone refer me to someone who is reputable that can unlock it for me?

Solution
Someone so lied to you. Word of advice, never listen to the first phone rep who says something can't be done. Unless they actually tried to do it. I was always getting flack from supervisors when I was one because I wouldn't tell customers stuff that just wasn't true.

No one else can unlock it for you. The only place that can unlock the phone is the carrier/service provider. I would call them again and when you are told it can't be done, ask for a supervisor. And don't let them tell you they can't get you one either. It is best to call earlier in the day too. Due to the fact that more in house staff is around then. Later at night or in the evening you may get remote staff.

BTW They are required to unlock it for you if it is paid off...
Someone so lied to you. Word of advice, never listen to the first phone rep who says something can't be done. Unless they actually tried to do it. I was always getting flack from supervisors when I was one because I wouldn't tell customers stuff that just wasn't true.

No one else can unlock it for you. The only place that can unlock the phone is the carrier/service provider. I would call them again and when you are told it can't be done, ask for a supervisor. And don't let them tell you they can't get you one either. It is best to call earlier in the day too. Due to the fact that more in house staff is around then. Later at night or in the evening you may get remote staff.

BTW They are required to unlock it for you if it is paid off. https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/cell-phone-unlocking-faqs

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.