Can't download due to SD card missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
If the SD card installs correctly, and doesn't give you any error when you put it in the phone, then the phone recognizes the SD card. It will probably also let you move things like photos, videos, music, etc., over to the card. However, if you are running anything other than Android "Marshmallow" and/or the manufacturer has restricted this option on the phone (to run apps from a card) then you would not be able to download apps directly to the SD card. To see if the card can be changed over to work with apps running from it/downloaded to it, try the following...

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is...
If the SD card installs correctly, and doesn't give you any error when you put it in the phone, then the phone recognizes the SD card. It will probably also let you move things like photos, videos, music, etc., over to the card. However, if you are running anything other than Android "Marshmallow" and/or the manufacturer has restricted this option on the phone (to run apps from a card) then you would not be able to download apps directly to the SD card. To see if the card can be changed over to work with apps running from it/downloaded to it, try the following...

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution

johngeemartin10

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
If this is only happening on Chrome go to settings>apps>chrome> permissions. Then uncheck "storage" then check it again close Chrome completely and restart it. Chrome should then download normally. It worked for me.

I don't know about other apps but it might be worth a try.

Mar 2, 2018

I've done all that and I still can't see both the sd card and the device storage. Apps installed on the sd card are working perfectly but I don't see both the sd card and the device storage in the root, and cannot therefore store any of my files on both the phone storage or the sd card.

Status
Not open for further replies.