someDude111

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
I was hoping if I could get some feedback on PC VR specs.
I did a steam hardware check and it says that I have very high specs, however, games specs want a higher end CPU; this is what I have -

i5-4460 CPU
gtx 1060 6gbs GPU
16 gbs 2400mhz RAM
Samsung fast SSD
Windows 10

Is my system fine for "ultra settings" in PC VR, for the initial run of games and experiences and I can then upgrade my CPU for an i7 in maybe 2-3 years time?

Solution
Your CPU is marginally below the official CPU specs, but generally will run just about any current VR content fine.

Many VR games have only very limited graphics settings available. But when adjustments are available, your GTX 1060 is not enough for the higher settings. It's near the minimum required for a Vive, so you'll need to keep settings fairly low as well. "Low" settings in VR just means something very different from low settings in regular games.

If you are still a bit concerned about performance, there is the possibility of getting an Oculus Rift instead. Due to the ASW feature, the Rift has lower hardware requirements than the Vive.

Sakkura

Distinguished
Your CPU is marginally below the official CPU specs, but generally will run just about any current VR content fine.

Many VR games have only very limited graphics settings available. But when adjustments are available, your GTX 1060 is not enough for the higher settings. It's near the minimum required for a Vive, so you'll need to keep settings fairly low as well. "Low" settings in VR just means something very different from low settings in regular games.

If you are still a bit concerned about performance, there is the possibility of getting an Oculus Rift instead. Due to the ASW feature, the Rift has lower hardware requirements than the Vive.

Solution