Which VR Headset do I rent?? Advice needed!!

sam_s1

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Hey Guys,

I'm a student at the moment so unsurprisingly funds are tight but I'm a massive gamer and I really want to try out a VR headset. I've done some research and I've found a site that will let me hire a VR headset for a few days which seems pretty ideal to me.

As this is going to be a one off for me I want to make sure i get one which A) i can use, B) has a decent games library. My options are: PS4 Vr, HTC Vive and the Oculus rift DK2.

I should point out i own a ps4 and a PC with a gtx 1050. Would i be able to run the PC headsets or is it simpler to go with Ps4? (i should also note the ps4 one is most expensive to hire).

Any and all help would be amazing! Would appreciate any advice whether it be technical/hardware stuff or just a recommendation!

thanks

Solution
I would actually agree with the Ps4 rental. Also the HTC, you would need to setup the room space (ideally) and figure out how to mount the lighthouses without drilling into your walls, and I doubt you have 2 tripods laying around.

Go PS4 and rent Resident Evil for VR. That will give you the mind blowing experience you are looking for.
(and pick up Summer Lesson for when you are done with Resident Evil, and you need some cuddle therapy to recover from the PTSD.)

Sakkura

Distinguished
The graphics card is way too weak for the HTC Vive. It would be nearly good enough for an Oculus Rift, but that would require the consumer version. The DK2 lacks software/content support anyway, so it's a poor experience even with a better PC.

So PS VR is the only viable option. £40 is a bit of a ripoff though.

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
I would actually agree with the Ps4 rental. Also the HTC, you would need to setup the room space (ideally) and figure out how to mount the lighthouses without drilling into your walls, and I doubt you have 2 tripods laying around.

Go PS4 and rent Resident Evil for VR. That will give you the mind blowing experience you are looking for.
(and pick up Summer Lesson for when you are done with Resident Evil, and you need some cuddle therapy to recover from the PTSD.)

Solution