Samsung galaxy 3 tab apps are crashing freezing and its vey laggy?

danacon

Commendable
Jan 23, 2017
Hey. Have Samsung gal 3 tab that lately crashes apps very leggy and so slow,.
Anyone have any ideas of what I can do to stop this, started like past 3 months. like apps crash freeze regularly I click home button and wait sometimes mins for a response. any settings programs test it to stop leg and crashes.. I van did a factory rest and within day Sam thing started again within a week... Like what would norm running teteam be or any other info I may not tried... tyia

Solution
Well, it is possible that there is a problem with the tablet itself, but it could also be that an app, or a few of them, are running in the background, even when you aren't using them, which is causing the system to be strained to much, hence the freezing. Try restarting the tablet in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you will need to figure out which app or apps is the cause.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you...
Well, it is possible that there is a problem with the tablet itself, but it could also be that an app, or a few of them, are running in the background, even when you aren't using them, which is causing the system to be strained to much, hence the freezing. Try restarting the tablet in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you will need to figure out which app or apps is the cause.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

Jen_Sai

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Try clearing the cache on as many apps as you can.
Delete apps you never use, or uninstall updates for those it won't allow you to delete <_<
Also change the "automatic updates" for those apps so it prevents them clogging up your system again
(Eg: Dropbox, galaxy or samsung apps, Chrome,
phone apps like sim toolbox and directory its a tablet not a phone,
it shouldn't need these unless 3g ;) )

Hopefully this may help

I still have to clear the cache for chrome regularly but nothing else is ruining my tablet right now :p
My note 10.1 (similar age to tab 3) started doing this a few months back due to some of the built in apps "updating" and taking up all the ram by constantly running even though I never use them or in some instances even know what they supposedly do lol