I have been haked

Solution
You have an Android device and were told to call Apple support and did? You werent hacked, but you definitely downloaded something and ran it that put that on your tablet. Reset your tablet back to factory settings and be more careful and use common sense.

Sheila_14

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
I was on my android tablet and a message said!!!!!!!! Security warning!!!!! Call a certain number at once, don't turn off your tablet!!call apple support emeadietly!! So I did ,they told me for 199.00 they could fix it, otherwise just throw it away!!! I hung up and pushed the dackwords button and my tablet is still working. What should I do???????

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
You have an Android device and were told to call Apple support and did? You werent hacked, but you definitely downloaded something and ran it that put that on your tablet. Reset your tablet back to factory settings and be more careful and use common sense.

Solution

Dunlop0078

Estimable
Herald
Feb 13, 2014
You are a victim of a phishing attempt I guarantee whoever you called was not apple support, the fact that you are using a android tablet and some random message told you to call apple support should have been a big red flag to you. Its a scam trying to trick naive people into handing over their credit card information, happens all the time. Assuming you didn't let them install something on your tablet it should be fine, otherwise I would reset it to factory defaults like said above.

gjlang

Estimable
Jul 4, 2015
I get this all the time on my laptop. Same on a phone. An attempt to scare you into paying scammers money. The short solution - shut it down. Power up and it will be gone provided you don't hit restore last session. Most times I mute the audio and let it run in the background as I open other windows to continue without interruption. Although I'm not sure if you can do this on a phone, on a laptop a solution is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Task Manager and end the offending application. Quicker than rebooting. All scare - nothing else.

TRENDING THREADS