Samsung S4 won't hold a charge

cjackson1481

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
My phone is 2 1/2 years old and recently started hemorrhaging power - it has to be recharged every night. I just put in a new battery, when I went to bed last night it was at 53% and this morning it was 2%. Also I get the message "SIM card has been removed" at least once a day. I pretty much keep all apps closed when I'm not using them, don't stream anything, is there a fix or do I have to get a new phone? Thanks

Solution
I do understand. "Safe Mode" does restrict the access of the apps and other things. If you can figure out which app is causing your issue, and uninstall it, then reboot the phone, you won't have to stay in "Safe Mode".
Have you tried starting the phone in "Safe Mode" to see if you get the same problem? If you don't, you may have something on the phone (malware, virus or bad app) that is the cause of the issues.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

cjackson1481

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017