Desktop unable to Start

Monkeyman101

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
I'm currently stuck in a critical position. My college assignments are backed up within my hard-drive that are due in tomorrow morning. I've missed a previous deadline from in-foreseen events and was luckily given a second chance. My entire assignment has been finalised and all that needs to be done is to send an email with the word doc attached. However...

I came home yesterday to discover my computer was in the middle of my room unplugged..it turns out my computer automatically turned itself on and woke my father up so he had to manually unplug it to stop the weird fan noise. I usually have my desktop on standby, ready to be used when I come home. However, I suspect a critical widows update has caused the computer on standby to automatically turn itself on to initiate the update.
The fan that directly attached to the area the main power cable enters my desktop however has recently started to make a much larger "whirring" noise than previously. Sometimes the fan can be quiet but that's not always the case. Perhaps a large cluster of dust has settled beneath the fans that have cause this...but that's a problem for another time

The real problem lies within what's happened until now..I can"t seem to reach the login page! To explain, each time I turned my PC on, I was directed to a black screen that indicated Windows failed to load properly and I was only pressed with 2 options: Windows startup repair (recommended) or startup windows normally. I was reluctant in case I were to lose anything important I've don recently, I tried to start Windows normally..but I came to a bizarre situation. The usual "Windows starting" black screen with the logo would freeze after 10 seconds and fail to take me to the usual login screen, even after waiting for 60 mins. After numerous failed attempts and restarts, I tried to research for a fix. One solution indicated that I boot my system up via safe mode either by presseing F8 or del upon start up..and so I tried.

This eventually led to a problem as well..a safe mode wasn't even available!
Motherboard: An Asus model
Processor: i5-2500k
GPU: GeForce 980 ti
Anyway, the point is, the option to access safe ode wasn't available because when I pressed F8 on start up, it would bring up the Asus Bios system..which was only for altering performance and which Sata hard drive ir a disc from the disc tray I wanted to boot up as first priority.
With no other options, I tried to proceed to the other recommended option, going through the repair stage.

I had a headache at this point and this part was very blurry..but after the system scanned for any issues it brought up a window displaying a message that it was unable to find the problem source and asking me if I wanted to send or don't send a problem statement to moscato adopt..I declined. Afterwards was a box containing some writing, 2 hyperlink options and a finish button in the bottom hand corner which would lead to the PC resetting and going through the repetitive cycle once more.
I decided to venture into the advanced system repair hyperlink and a new window displaying 6 options came up. The very bottom option was command prompt and other options further up included resetting the computer to an earlier backup point, something about and image copy and a few other options..I ran the second option and the only recent backup was yesterday at 1:30am and was named critical Windows update..so I tried to return to that point. I ran that scan for 7 hours and I don't think any progress was made so I turned the PC off, u plugged the desktop by the main cable. Removed the GPU and x2 ram sticks and placed them back in, as well as reconnecting the HDMI cable, keyboard and main power cable. But now..now the screen won't dismay anything, even when both Hamilton cable ends are firmly pushed in correctly. The fan has also begun to make a loud whirring noise 15 seconds after turning it on..I just feel confused and frustrated at this point and I'm unsure what guide to follow at this point because my motherboard falls under a different category :c

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most appreciated