My J1 2016 prompted me to install system updates. After the installation it wont read the sd card anymore. Tried it many times

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoyiedel

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
My J1 2016 prompted me to install system updates. After the installation it wont read the sd card anymore. Tried it many times, it even wont allow me to reformat it. I tried inserting it to a diff phone and it worked fine but not in my J1. Pls help me. Thanks

Solution
You really need to remove an SD card before doing any kind of major update to a phone. Especially if that card was altered to work for apps.

You may need to pull the card, reboot the phone and then try inserting the card again. If that doesn't work, you may have to repeat those steps but before putting the card back in, format it on a computer. NOTE: This will erase any data that is on the card.
You really need to remove an SD card before doing any kind of major update to a phone. Especially if that card was altered to work for apps.

You may need to pull the card, reboot the phone and then try inserting the card again. If that doesn't work, you may have to repeat those steps but before putting the card back in, format it on a computer. NOTE: This will erase any data that is on the card.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.