How to enable install on external storage SD card on Xperia C1

Andy220

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Dear gents,

I am fighting with annoying problem!

I have traversed several forums for solution. They advised to enable app install at external SD card.

But once I hit settings>enable external storage there is no such option in storage menu.

But funny thing I have my mini opera app installed somehow at external SD card!

Also whatever app I am trying to move to SD card tab is greyed.

It just does not work.

Somebody at Xperia told me I should root my crappy C1.

But funny thing is my miniopera is appearing at external SD storage!!!

Gents how it is possible? It does not make any sense!

Any advice would be welcomed!

Regards

Andy from Slovakia

Solution
So you are wanting to save apps to the SD card and run them from there? Well, should that be the case you need two things. 1. You need to be running Android "Marshmallow" (a.ka. 6.0) or able to upgrade to it, and 2. You need to have a phone that the manufacturer has not restricted this option on. They do that with some of them. If you can upgrade to "Marshmallow" (as I know that phone doesn't come with it), then try the following. If you can't upgrade to that version, or the manufacturer has blocked the option, then you won't be able to do it.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal"...
So you are wanting to save apps to the SD card and run them from there? Well, should that be the case you need two things. 1. You need to be running Android "Marshmallow" (a.ka. 6.0) or able to upgrade to it, and 2. You need to have a phone that the manufacturer has not restricted this option on. They do that with some of them. If you can upgrade to "Marshmallow" (as I know that phone doesn't come with it), then try the following. If you can't upgrade to that version, or the manufacturer has blocked the option, then you won't be able to do it.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution