SD card storage problems

Monica_38

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
My Android ZTE phones primary storage is set to my SD card & it still has 7.34gb available but it's not storing anything on that SD card what do I do & how when I don't see an option to move an app to the available GBS on the SD card & it's still saying not enough available storage space when I try to download an app that doesn't need near the available GBS I still have?

Solution
Well, you can't run apps from a SD Card, or move the to it, unless your phone is running Android "Marshmallow" and also that manufacturer hasn't restricted that option. So while you can move things like photos, music, videos, etc., to a card, not apps.

Now, another thing, if you do have the right version and are able to set it up to run apps from the card, if you actually moved apps to the card that were already on the original internal storage, they can show as taking up space twice. As the being on the original internal storage and the new card which has been turned internal.
Well, you can't run apps from a SD Card, or move the to it, unless your phone is running Android "Marshmallow" and also that manufacturer hasn't restricted that option. So while you can move things like photos, music, videos, etc., to a card, not apps.

Now, another thing, if you do have the right version and are able to set it up to run apps from the card, if you actually moved apps to the card that were already on the original internal storage, they can show as taking up space twice. As the being on the original internal storage and the new card which has been turned internal.

Solution