Satellite L50-C touchpad doesn't work after bios update

Yasser Hamouda

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Hello,
Please, Help me fix this. My touchpad stopped working after update my bios to ver. 5.30. I’ve searched in Elan driver "touchpad driver software" so I can enable the touchpad, but I couldn’t find the touchpad listed! I’ve searched “device manager” I couldn’t find the touchpad or any other ps/2 mouse. I tried to install the touchpad driver still not working.Till this point I though that the touchpad itself is damaged, But I’ve entered the bios “UEFI” and I found that the touchpad working perfectly with no problem! But in windows it doesn’t work. I searched the bios for any option to enable the touchpad, I didn't find any.
Ps: Any USB mouse works good, also the keyboard works very good.
My laptop model Satellite L50-C1874
PART NUMBER: PSKWSV-06H023AR
All Toshiba drivers up to date.

How can I solve this problem? Please, Help!
Thanks

Touchpad not working? Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

It should work now.

If this doesn't help, you may want to try going back to the prior BIOS version.

Yasser Hamouda

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Thanks webworkings!
I did that already, and I couldn't find touchpad to enable it. windows 10 doesn't recognize it as if it doesn't exist!
I've tried to disable my webcam from bios then in windows I noticed that windows can't find any webcam just like the touchpad but in webcam case there is option in bios to enable/disable it, So I pretty sure that the touchpad is disabled from bios.
I'm agree with you that I should downgrade my bios, but I don't know how to do that. Can you tell me how to downgrade my Bios, Please?!

Try flashing your BIOS to the earlier version. In most 'newer' laptops, you should just need to download the correct version from your manufacturer's website and let the executable file to handle the downgrade automatically. For some older laptops, require a bit more work.

Yasser Hamouda

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
The problem that I can't find any earlier version of the Bios. searched Toshiba website can't find any earlier version and googled it also can't find any earlier

Unfortunately I have been unable to find a 'specific' version for that device as well. You might try contacting the manufacturer and see if there is a version that would work, even if doesn't specifically say is for your device.