Wifi Problems Android

holmes93

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Just bought my daughter a Samsung Tablet for kids and I can't get it to even see the wifi at home? It picks up the neighbors and about 8 or so other wifi signals but not the one 5 feet away... I currently have my laptop, smart tv, and both phones, plus the Ipad all running flawlessly with plenty of speed. I have reset the thing and really don't know what else to do. Please help if you're confident you know what it is that may be wrong.

Solution
Try this...

1. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
2. Reboot the modem/router.
3. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

Yes I know you said the other devices work with the router/modem, however if there is any conflict for this one, rebooting it will usually help, and shouldn't have any effect on the other devices. Other than having no access while it restarts.
Try this...

1. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
2. Reboot the modem/router.
3. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

Yes I know you said the other devices work with the router/modem, however if there is any conflict for this one, rebooting it will usually help, and shouldn't have any effect on the other devices. Other than having no access while it restarts.

Solution