How to set the default download location to sd card

Solution
Well, it depends on what you are trying to set to be downloaded to the card. If it is specific things, like photos, music, videos, etc., then you would have to check the settings in the actual app that you are using to do the downloading. That is where you would make the change for specific things.

Now if you are referring to setting the phone up to download and install apps on the SD card, that is a whole other ballgame. Since I don't know what phone you are using, you didn't mention, I will give you general info.

The phone will first need to be running Android "Marshmallow" for this to work. Prior versions just don't have the option. Also, the device will have to be one that the manufacturer didn't restrict this option on. Sadly...
Well, it depends on what you are trying to set to be downloaded to the card. If it is specific things, like photos, music, videos, etc., then you would have to check the settings in the actual app that you are using to do the downloading. That is where you would make the change for specific things.

Now if you are referring to setting the phone up to download and install apps on the SD card, that is a whole other ballgame. Since I don't know what phone you are using, you didn't mention, I will give you general info.

The phone will first need to be running Android "Marshmallow" for this to work. Prior versions just don't have the option. Also, the device will have to be one that the manufacturer didn't restrict this option on. Sadly they do that sometimes. Below are the instructions on how to make the change, should you have the right Android version.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution