Android to PC

Solution
You may want to check the password and/or ID again then. Make sure nothing was used in it that is different now. Like used a cap but not inputting as, or vice versa. I have seen many people wondering why a pw didn't work when they thought they need a cap and that is what they initially put, but the computer registered it as a lower case (would take caps in the pw). :)

If that doesn't do it, you may want to change the ID and password for the access, and see if it will work with the new one.
Try this...

1. Enable "File sharing" on the Device you want to share. You will be given a choice on accepting this protocol or not. It will be under "Nearby Devices" setting.

FP-SSD and FTP, you will need these in order for Windows and sharing to see your device(s). They will automatically be installed. You can also delete them, but you will need it to link with the computer. Windows uses FP-SSD for file transfer.

2. Install onto your tablet, and run, "ES File Explorer File Manager", from the Google Play store.

3. In the top left hand corner of the program you should see "Local LAN FTP Bluetooth". You are going to want to select LAN (Local Area Network).

4. Once you have selected LAN, there should be a "Plus sign" at the top of the menu bar. This is for adding different Servers. Then you will want to select the "Scan for Server" option. You can also manually set your up your info, or even set it to log in via "Anonynomous". However, scanning it is much easier.

5. Now once you have used the "Scan for Server" you should be able to see your IP address. If you have password protected your system, meaning Windows, you will need to log in. It will ask you for the password for the computer/system, not the Internet router password.

6. Once you have input the Computer name and password you should be granted access to the Homegroup.

NOTE: You will usually not see your device listed as in the Homegroup. You should only see it in "Added Devices" for File Sharing.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not have any kind of Anti Virus programs I would also suggest you add it to both the computer and the tablet. Why? Well because you are in "Fileshare Mode" and need as much protection as possible.

deadinthewater

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

deadinthewater

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
Thanks webworking, but I can only get through step 5. I don't have a "Password" for the PC or a user password. I have inputed the PC's name and home group password to no avail. I need clarification on your #6. Step

deadinthewater

It is because usually there is a password required to access the homegroup . I am surprised it isn't asking for one. If it isn't password protected, you should be able to just see and access the IP address. If you can't, then it has a password, or the IP isn't allowing access via the homegroup.

deadinthewater

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016

deadinthewater

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
Oh, it asks for both ID and password. I have entered the Computer name that I gave it when I formatted.(not the HHD) (though Win 7) I did not create any passwords for this PC in any way. not used for sensitive info. I entered the Home group password. Hit OK (enter) and it just clears the info from page and resets.

You may want to check the password and/or ID again then. Make sure nothing was used in it that is different now. Like used a cap but not inputting as, or vice versa. I have seen many people wondering why a pw didn't work when they thought they need a cap and that is what they initially put, but the computer registered it as a lower case (would take caps in the pw). :)

If that doesn't do it, you may want to change the ID and password for the access, and see if it will work with the new one.

Solution

deadinthewater

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016