[Help Request] 4K TV Issue

BiggyJ

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
4K TV Issue...

Mod/s... I did not see a tech help section so I am asking here. If this is not acceptable, please delete.

I have many brands of TV's in my home. I decided to try a Hisense 4k TV for a replacement TV for my bedroom.

Great picture and acceptable other than one thing...

Model: 43CU6100
Issue: Middleware

OK... so I have been able to get NOWHERE with either Hisense OR Oprah (It uses the Oprah browser and store)

I have also searched all over the web and have found NO definitive answer on EXACTLY what OS this specific TV uses for Middleware.

Hisense says I have an Android based TV.

I want to view SellectTV on my new 4K TV. When I go to the SellectTV website and try to log in, their site sees my TV as an Apple iPhone. There is no option to continue without installing the mobile app from the iTunes store.

iTunes does not recognize the TV as an Apple device.

If I search for SellectTV in the Oprah Store, it is not there. Neither is Kodi or SPMC.

So I decided to go directly to the Google play store and search for SellectTV and it was there BUT... Any of you that are familiar with the play store know that Google will show you a list of available Android devices on your network and ask you where you wish to install your play store selection. Well... the TV does NOT show up there either.

So, at this point I am lost and have no idea exactly where to start to figure this out. I would like to use SellectTV on my TV and would also like to try and see if the TV will run Kodi. I have not tried sideloading yet but if the play store can’t find it, then it cannot be recognized as an Android device.

What do you experts think? Where do I go from here?

Thank you all for your kind help,
John

BiggyJ

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016

Thank you but I cannot find ANYTHING that even resembles Android anywhere in this TV. Hisense just told me that Opera uses Android apps in it's store. Damn'ed If I can find any clue of that.

J

ANDroiDNW302

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
I want to try and the 43H6C model number is the same as the 43CU6100 it's just the model number ur TV is on Hisense website