will not pick up sd card on cello A712

rabmc81

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016
Just put in sd micro sim to get more memory on my sons cello tablet and for some reason it's not working it acknowledges when you take it out but doesn't seem to realise it has actually got it in and won't let me load anything to it

Solution
I am assuming you mean an SD card, as a SIM is a totally different kind of thing. :)

If you are trying to move/run apps from the card, there in lies the problem. That tablet comes with Android "KitKat" where as you need to be running "Marshmallow" to be able to run apps from an SD card. And it also only works if the manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on the device. Which does happen.

If you are able to upgrade the device to "Marshmallow" I am including the instructions on how to set the card to work. Again, if the system allows it. If it can't upgrade, or won't allow the change after upgrading, then you you have to move things like Photos, Videos, Music, etc., over to the SD card to gain space on the tablet. You can also...
I am assuming you mean an SD card, as a SIM is a totally different kind of thing. :)

If you are trying to move/run apps from the card, there in lies the problem. That tablet comes with Android "KitKat" where as you need to be running "Marshmallow" to be able to run apps from an SD card. And it also only works if the manufacturer hasn't restricted this option on the device. Which does happen.

If you are able to upgrade the device to "Marshmallow" I am including the instructions on how to set the card to work. Again, if the system allows it. If it can't upgrade, or won't allow the change after upgrading, then you you have to move things like Photos, Videos, Music, etc., over to the SD card to gain space on the tablet. You can also clear out the history and cache of the browser (just make sure any info like passwords, login ids, etc., is saved somewhere before doing that), clear out the data on specific apps that you don't use anymore, and if that wasn't enough, then some apps would need to be removed.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your tablet.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the tablet, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution