how to make my sd card my automatic sourse of storage

tammykay1973

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
i have a zte N817 and i have a sd card in it but how do i set my sd card as my primary storage? i went to apps from the settings menu and theres no option to move apps to sd card.. help plz

Solution
Well I believe that phone uses Android "KitKat" which won't allow for setting the SD card as the default storage for apps. However, if you can upgrade the phone to "Marshmallow" then it might work for you. It will also depend on if the manufacturer has restricted that option or not. Here are the instructions on how to set the SD card as "Internal" storage when running the right version of Android.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select...
Well I believe that phone uses Android "KitKat" which won't allow for setting the SD card as the default storage for apps. However, if you can upgrade the phone to "Marshmallow" then it might work for you. It will also depend on if the manufacturer has restricted that option or not. Here are the instructions on how to set the SD card as "Internal" storage when running the right version of Android.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution