How to connect external mic and webcam together in android??

Ashish_44

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
I want to connect webcam and external mic to my android for blogging purposes. Since i don't wanna buy expensive DSLR . So please tell if in anyway you can connect these two together and record videos..

Solution
Depending on the phone, it should work. It will depend on how old the Android version is, to know if it will support the needed app(s). So I would check on the apps on Google Play Store first.

Then you will need at minimum a splitter if you are going to be using two mics. It will have to have one end that is the same as the jack on your phone (usually 3.5mm) and then the two coming in will need to be the same as what your mics have.

If you can do that, it should work.
I am curious why the need for the external webcam? I can understand the mic, especially if you are recording things farther away and the sound just doesn't pick up well, but the phone should come with its own video capabilities.

That said, yes you can do it, but if you are wanting to use both on a phone, you will need either a smart phone that has both a port and a 3.5mm jack (one for cam and one for mic) or a splitter for the one port. You will also need a OTG Cable for connecting to the port.

Lastly you will need an app that allows for this. There are a few on the Google Play Store.

Ashish_44

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
Ok. I just want to connect external mic to my android phone's camcorder to record videos outside generally for blogging. I want to connect like 2 collar mics to it.. Is it possible ?

Depending on the phone, it should work. It will depend on how old the Android version is, to know if it will support the needed app(s). So I would check on the apps on Google Play Store first.

Then you will need at minimum a splitter if you are going to be using two mics. It will have to have one end that is the same as the jack on your phone (usually 3.5mm) and then the two coming in will need to be the same as what your mics have.

If you can do that, it should work.

Solution