Repair monitor that stopped working

techadhelp

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016
I have a samsung monitor s22a300b led and one day it just stopped working
I have tested on several other computers, and am certain 100% that the fault lies within the monitor its self and not any pc or cable.

I have tried to update the firmware from 2012 using dvi cable and the software claims its up to date by connecting two monitors. The software does not run in windows 10 (just crashes) ,however, it ran in windows 8.

The monitor has a floating rgb box that says no signal that goes up and down from corner to corner on the screen until plugged in to the computer it turns to blank black screen and when unplugged brings back the no signal. The computer detects the monitor and brings up the monitor name/model number so I think the monitor can be fixed because its not dead. The monitor is only worth 80$ on ebay and it is out of warranty and samsung support is no help towards this issue.

I am out of ideas if you guys have any.

techadhelp

Commendable
Dec 2, 2016

I have not taken this one apart, but have taken some apart before with no success in repairing it. If i were to take this one apart what would I look for because it turns on and displays rgb no signal floating corner to corner so it does not look like hardware issue to me. I do own solder kit so If i know what to look for i can try to replace it. trying to repair it for under 5-10$ as you can buy this on ebay for about 80$.