Samsung 10.1 Tab help - Android 5?

teacuptsunami

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

I'm a novice with software on tablets and have a Samsung 10.1 Tab - Model GT-N8010.

I use a lot of apps on it for work and recently one has stopped and insists I need Android 5 to run it. I've tried updating my software but it says its fully updated at 4.1.2.

Its essential I use this app, is there any way I can upgrade to Android 5 easily and quickly?

Thanks in advance everyone,

Tea.

Well, if the tablet says it is fully updated, then it is probably updated as far as it can actually go safely. They all have limits. I know of no way to force said update, without rooting the device. Which is not something I personally recommend doing as it voids the warranty, and can also damage the device.

From what I can find out about that device, it comes with "Ice Cream Sandwich" and is only upgradable to "KitKat". Where as you are wanting to upgrade to "Lollipop". So trying to force said update could actually cause issues with the device as well as not work correctly on your device.

If you want to try rooting, again, not suggesting just saying, then I would suggest posting in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html As while it is a forum for phones, they run on the same software and can assist you with making that kind of change.