Can I move the apps to my SD card on my Samsung Galaxy Neo S5?

Tdubz44

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
I'm finding lots of info about how to move apps to the SD card on a Samsung Galaxy S5, but as much as the screenshots look familiar, I don't have the Move To SD Card button in my application manager.
Is there a way to do this on the Galaxy S5 Neo?

Solution
Well, it is going to depend on what version of Android is on the phone. If it is anything less than "Marshmallow", then running things from the SD card (apps) won't work. Only individual apps that say you can move them, which there aren't many, would work. To do what you are wanting to do requires some changes, which I will include the instructions to below. But it all hinges on the phone running on "Marshmallow" and the manufacturer not having restricted the ability to do this on that phone. It happens.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and...
Well, it is going to depend on what version of Android is on the phone. If it is anything less than "Marshmallow", then running things from the SD card (apps) won't work. Only individual apps that say you can move them, which there aren't many, would work. To do what you are wanting to do requires some changes, which I will include the instructions to below. But it all hinges on the phone running on "Marshmallow" and the manufacturer not having restricted the ability to do this on that phone. It happens.

How to turn external SD card into internal storage on "Marshmallow".

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution